Friday, April 15, 2011

Maqsood O' dHAKA's Resignation from Bangladesh Musical Bands Association - BAMBA

15th April 2011

To:

Hamin Ahmed

President

Bangladesh Musical Bands Association (BAMBA)

Niketon, Dhaka,


My Dear Hamin,

Subject: Resignation from BAMBA and its Executive Committee.

Further to my SMS to you earlier on, this is to inform you of Maqsood O’ dHAKA’s decision to resign from the Bangladesh Musical Bands Association (BAMBA) with immediate effect – as well as my personal decision to resign from the esteemed Executive Committee.

I would like to state in parting that BAMBA has greatly deviated from its lofty ideals of standing to uphold the greater interest of all 37 member bands, and of late, it has become obvious that its fine earned reputation of over 24 years is being abused for the personal and petty interest of a handful of so-called ‘Star’ bands at the expense of the majority.

It is a sad day that among these bands – we have notably elements that have time and again worked against the best interest of BAMBA, yet today they seem to be the ones determining the fate of the Association and its members and doing so with arrogance by bending over backwards in sycophancy to please various Corporate Sponsors interest and a Media syndicate/s.

I am not at all opposed to Corporate Sponsorship, however if Sponsors on the prodding and dirty politics of these unwanted elements decide to influence and derail a National institution such as BAMBA, it is not only an insult to its members, but indeed to Bangladesh – a country that has given us so much. Since the inception of BAMBA in 1987, you as much as I have been well aware of these elements (not to mention the many personal harms they have done to both of us), yet I cannot help point out that today - they have a larger and domineering role in derailing all possibilities that BAMBA holds.

It is well known, that I have always maintained a consistent and principled position against any form of exploitation or oppression both in my public and musical life, however I am afraid the prevailing situation which I see has no way of correcting itself, makes it well nigh impossible for me to continue. It is not a matter of one individual by the name of Maqsoodul Haque – Mac - but essentially a conscientious decision – and my conscience has never ever betrayed me or vice versa.

I do not want a new generation of bands inspired by us, which has joined us over the years to ever question or blame me about our failures. In resigning I know for a fact that I am absolving myself of any blame – that you as President and members of the Executive Committee have to answer for- if not today – but surely in the days to come.

I wish you all success and prosperity.

With regrets and kind regards

Maqsoodul Haque – Mac

Band Leader

Maqsood O’ dHAKA

Founder President: Bangladesh Musical Bands Association (BAMBA) – 1987 - 1990

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home